Red Doors Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://reddoors.co.uk/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), your data is being collected by Gill and Tim Hunt of Red Doors Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and prcess the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://reddoors.co.uk/ or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for a property, pariticipate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include you name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card informaton, personal description and photograph, dietary requirements and family make-up.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information.
- Technical information, included the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone numbers used.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computers hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
To enable us to monitor the usage of our website and the success of our marketing, we use Google Analytics, which uses a variety of cookies. These are used to track visitors and collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited.
If you would like to see a full up-to-date list of all cookies used by our website, you can use the following cookie-checking website https://sitebeam.net/cookielaw/test-your-compliance/
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Red Doors Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd is a member of Premier Cottages Limited, a professional collective of independent luxury cottage owners. Premier Cottages promotes our properties on our behalf as well as other luxury cottages. As a member of Premier Cottages we would like to give them your information so that they can contact you about other quality properties that you might like. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us will be used:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit Premier Cottages Limited to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer we will contact you by electronic means (email of SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subjecy of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we and Premier Cottages Limited will contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this by clicking the relevant 'submit' button on the form on our website where you enter your information. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to Premier Cottages for marketing purposes, please un-tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (which includes the online booking form and our contact and registration forms).
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with the selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the perfomance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assests.
- If Red Doors Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd or substantially all of its assests are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assests.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Red Doors Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.