We have an extensive information folder and brochures in each cottage – so this is more of a prompt list than an exhaustive one. Please speak to us if you want some more specific help in planning your holiday.
Red Doors is set in an idyllic, quiet hamlet surrounded by hundreds of acres of beautiful countryside and working farms, but the A30 is only 1.5 miles away (you can’t hear it!) ensuring quick and easy access to wherever you want to go.
- Situated near Devon/Somerset border – easy access from London and the Midlands
- Mainline railway station in Honiton - excellent direct sevice to London Waterloo (3 hours)
- Easy access to Exeter Airport
- Only 12 miles to East Devon and Dorset coastlines
- Only 3 miles to the market town of Honiton with excellent rail connections eg direct service (3 hours) to London Waterloo
- Honiton has all the local services you are likely to need – Tesco, Co-op, Lidl, Aldi, Farmers Market twice a week, butchers, fishmongers, bakers, fruit & veg, off licence, pubs/restaurants etc. Sainsburys is in Exeter, Taunton and Ottery St Mary. Waitrose is in Exeter (20 mins) and Sidmouth (20 mins). The major supermarkets all deliver directly to Red Doors Farm
- Exeter and Taunton - less than 30 mins drive to major shopping centres
- Red Doors Farm is an excellent access point to a wide range of local attractions, beaches, National Trust properties, activities and adventures (see Things to do for links to a wide selection of sites)
- Walking and cycling are both very popular in East Devon, but you don’t even have to get into the car as you can also do them both from our front door
Please find below a list of activities and attractions within approximately 30 minutes of Red Doors Farm.
Historic houses, castles, gardens and National Trust properties
From our front door we have a range of walks of differing length and difficulty
From our front door we have a range of cycle rides of differing length and difficulty.
- The Luppitt Inn (Luppitt – 1 mile) – no food
- Sidmouth Arms (Uppottery – 3 miles)
- The Holt (Honiton – 3 miles)
- Hare & Hounds (Honiton-Sidmouth road – 6 miles)
- The Pig - at Combe (Honiton – 5 miles)
- Jack in the Green (Rockbeare – 14 miles)
- Harbour Inn (Lyme Regis – 14 miles)
- Masons Arms (Branscombe – 12 miles)
- Fountain Head Inn (Branscombe – 12 miles)
- Tea Rooms/Cafes
- Celebrity Chefs